My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://westerad.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bulb Addendum

As Tevye would say "On the other hand ..."

Before we go canonizing Wal-Mart, my friend (and frequent supporting player in my blog posts) Larry reminded me that this CF bulb push is a very simple way for Wallyworld to appeal to a market segment that has historically - um, told them where to shove it. People like me, with a bit of a chip on their shoulders about the house that Sam built, are also people who are trying to spread the word about CF bulbs and know that environmentalism desperately needs Wal-Mart's distribution. So take your pick - shrewd business decision (touche, Sam) or concerned business stepping up its social conscience.

Whatever the motivation, the issue just keeps tipping as this bit of news out of Detroit shows us.

No comments: